Playing with backgrounds

Greetings!

I've been expermenting with different backgrouds for cards as opposed to plain cardstock. Thanks to the SISers ladies (our Demo group) I re-learned Wax resist.

Take a piece of wax paper:
1.) crumple it up
2.) Reflatten
3.) lay it on top of Whisper White cardstock
4.) place plain paper (copy paper) over
5.) Iron (i used a low setting for my 1st try), all
you need is a couple passes over
6.) Brayer over with ink
Check out these pics using: Daffodil Delight (New!) Early Espresso (New!) Cherry Cobbler (New!) and Old Olive.

Next bit of fun was using the Glossy White cardstock with the brayer to make a pretty beach scene with sand and sky.

1.) Tear Post-it(R) Note in half (I used long ones so the sticky would also hold the cardstock in place). Also, you want the sticky note to be fat enough so you don't accidently brayer on the wrong part.
2.) Place torn edge (pointing to the bottom or towards you) about 2/3rds of the way down
3.) Brayer lower section with Kraft (aka Crumb Cake)- couple passes will smooth away any lines
4.) Brayer lowest 1/2-3/4" with Early Espresso smooth out line by brayering over without reinking
5.) Remove Post-it note
6.) Replace with inverse piece of Post-it note (with torn edge pointing to the top of the card or away from you). I left an area covered to remain white to show "waves"
7.) Brayer top portion of card with Marina Mist (New!)
8.) I brayer the top of the card a couple extra times to try to make it darker. You can also show an effect of darker sky using Night of Navy or Not Quite Navy.
9.) Remove sticky note and enjoy!
10.) Using StazOn, stamp 2 Palm trees from the Tropical Party stamp set (Summer mini).
I think it looks very nice combo'd with the Early Espresso wax resist background.




















I absolutely LOVE the Baroque Motifs set!
The large swirl design is so elegant. I decided to use it with White StazOn ink (no smearing or waiting for it to dry like Craft Ink!) on Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Works very nicely as a background for a bridal/wedding card too!
For this card, I used Perfect Plum cardstock, Cottage Wall DSP (I will miss you!) and the Blissful Bride stamp set from the Summer mini. I also used Crystal Effects for the dress!
















Last but not least, in keeping with the White StazOn ink, I used the new Awash with Flowers (May promo and soon to be July catalog set) on Bashful Blue cardstock. Simple and sweet... like me!





Enjoy!

Natalie V.

Comments

Popular Posts